When Every Moment Matters … A Campaign to Build a Hospice in Elgin County
Imagine at the end-of-life there is a place that offers peace, comfort, and joy to support you and your family.
A place where expert medical and personalized care is provided. It is here where all who enter are welcomed, and a friendly face can always be found.
Here, we celebrate life – your life – a life well-lived and well-loved, a life not defined by illness but how you choose to live.
It is about providing a better ending and creating space for more of life’s moments. This is Hospice.
Life’s Moments. Help us build a Hospice for Elgin County.
Why Elgin? The Missing Link in our Community
- Elgin County is the only region in Southwestern Ontario without a Hospice
- There are no dedicated palliative care beds at our Hospital
- With an aging population, the pressure on the healthcare system and families continues to grow
- 800+ people die in our community each year
- Neighbouring Hospices have growing wait lists
- Geography poses challenges in accessing care and creates transportation barriers for our seniors in rural settings
- The largest growing vulnerable population is the ‘aging single senior’ who often lacks caregiver support (especially for those who’s spouse may have died first)
- Caregiver burnout adds real complexities to the dying, their families, and community health services