The goal is to build a hospice in Elgin County.
Hospice is a compassionate place where all who enter are warmly welcomed and cared for. A place that provides expert palliative care focused on relieving pain and symptoms to make space for whatever brings joy and matters most. It’s about helping people live life to the fullest right until the very end.
Our hospice vision includes:
- Hospice residence (15,000+ square foot facility with private suites offering 24-7 care)
- Palliative care clinic
- Grief and bereavement programs
- Psycho-social-spiritual care
- Wellness services (pet therapy, massage, cooking for one etc.)
- Caregiver respite and support
- Resources, education, and awareness
Hospice is a place of joy, sadness … and everything else in between.
Our hospice. The journey begins in the community, continues as long as possible in the home, and ends with the best care in a beautiful place designed for a peaceful ending.
How people die remains in the memory of those who live on.
- Dame Cicely Saunders